Senior PHP Web Developer – Back End
We believe in securing the future of independent retail in the UK. We are doing this by building software that delivers; scaling, fast, secure, powerful, and beautiful Retail customer experiences.
We don’t just use PHP to build eCommerce websites, we use many technologies to help our clients redefine eCommerce and traditional Retail commerce with; powerful, highly intuitive, and sophisticated business software.
You will build distributed services, such as; tools & features for high performance eCommerce websites, retail business process tools, EPoS systems, mobile application services, warehouse & inventory systems, payments & security systems, marketing solutions, analytics tools, and lots more.
As a senior developer you will be trusted and expected to; pragmatically self navigate, learn & share, write logical-clean-code and ensure performance targets are exceeded. We are passionate about software development and what we produce, we aim to beat the competition.
This is an amazing time to join Venditan. eCommerce is embarking on a golden age, literally responsible for half of the world’s GDP and we have ambitious plans to be an important part of the technology landscape.
Join us and together we will change the face of Retail and eCommerce.
Responsibilities and duties
- Venditan Commerce development; build new features, extending or maintaining existing ones
- Working with MVC OOP PHP, MySQL, basic JS/HTML/CSS
- Help to investigate and solve client problems using our centralised logging system (Datadog)
- Integrating with third party systems, e.g. couriers
- Writing specification based on client requirements and estimating time to complete the work
- Reviewing other people’s code e.g. pull requests
- Making sure the current and new features work reliably and performantly
- Back-end deployments when necessary
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 3yrs+ Commercial software development; e-commerce or other complex applications
- OOP PHP (7.*)
- Software design patterns
- Working with MySQL databases
- Familiarity with Apache or Nginx
- Basics of Linux
Great to have…
- Familiar with PSR coding standards
- Familiar with open source frameworks (e.g. Zend, Symfony, Laravel)
- Developing API’s or SDK’s
- Elasticsearch (NoSQL search)
- Used Jenkins for CI/CD
- GCP or AWS
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Understanding basic of Docker/Containers
Behaviours & Values
- Naturally curious about innovative and novel approaches to software development
- Applies consultative, first principles approach to understanding problems
- Willing to collaborate, share knowledge, and contribute to the higher purpose
- Able to autonomously self-manage and direct workloads
- Committed and driven to get the job done
- You believe in leading by example
Benefits and Rewards
- Excellent salary
- 28/33 paid holidays
- Flexible 37.5 hour week
- Career progress and development
- IDE budget provided
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- No dress code
- Relaxed environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Mastery of problem domain
- Easy access to public transport
- Snacks, beer, soft drinks, company lunches, company socials, champagne launches and lots more.
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.