Senior PHP Web Developer – Back End
We believe in securing the future of independent retail in the UK. We are doing this by building software that delivers; scaling, fast, secure, powerful, and beautiful Retail customer experiences.
Come and help us build it!
Our platform has been crafted over 10 years, starting off as a humble but popular PHP framework, it has been rewritten many times, into our own custom framework and code-base, of powerful eCommerce and retail solutions. Because we write it and don’t rent it, we have complete control over technical decisions, capabilities, and running costs. Allowing us to democratise and package up powerful eCommerce technologies for smaller independent retailers, so they can grow and perform as-well-as (and we think, better-than), top-tier retailers.
As a senior developer; you will participate, facilitate, and own projects, whilst mentoring other developers, and continuing to learn new technologies and methodologies. You will continue to build an ever more advanced, ambitious, scaling, distributed platform, encapsulating; eCommerce websites, mobile applications, retail business process tools, EPoS systems, warehouse management systems, secure checkouts & payment gateways, programmatic marketing solutions, insightful analytics tools, and lots more.
There are many reasons to join Venditan; we have an enhanced and growing benefits package, we offer competitive salaries and holiday entitlement, with flexible working, learning & development, and you will always have a voice and be heard. As a technology business, established for over 20-years, we have curated a great team of talented people with a healthly mix of cultures, a strong sense of purpose and shared values.
Join us, as we scale-up to become a significant supplier of software to a global eCommerce market worth $29 trillion to the world economy.
Responsibilities and duties
- Bespoke PHP development of the Venditan Commerce platform
- Maintaining and creating; elegant, optimised, powerful – B2c and B2b eCommerce solutions
- Developing tools to enhance the business intelligence capabilities of the Venditan platform and its clients
- Developing Microservices
- SDK’s and API’s
- Integrating with other powerful 3rd party services
- Working with the development team to improve the architecture while building scaling back-end services
- Supporting and inspiring other engineers to build the best Retail & eCommerce platform in the UK
- Ensuring that technical decisions support our performance goals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- We are open to autodidact or related software development degree
- 3-years+ commercial PHP development experience
- Experience building simple solutions for complex problems
- OO PHP, MVC, SVN
- Scaling and distributed services
- React.js, Redux, React.native, Electron.js, Node.js
- Memcached / Redis
- NoSQL (Elasticsearch, Apache Solr) database experience
- AWS / GCP
- Docker / Kubernetes / Jenkins (CI/CD)
- Experience and interest in eCommerce as a problem domain
- A code craftsman with pragmatic instincts when necessary
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Happy to discuss and share ideas with internal and external stakeholders
Benefits and Rewards
- Robust salary DOE
- 25 + 8 days of paid annual leave
- A flexible 37.5 hour week
- Funded learning and development
- We’ll pay for your IDE and other stuff
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount scheme
- Staff wellness and EAP
- Cycle to work
- No dress code
- Relaxed environment
- Internal development scheme
- Exposure to best practices
- Near; trains, trams, and buses
- Breakout area & refreshments
- Company lunches, social outings, and champagne launches
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.