PHP Web Developer – Front End
We believe in pushing the limits of technologies, to build; scaling, fast, secure, and beautiful Front-end CX. By challenging the status quo and thinking differently, we are changing the face of Retail eCommerce.
Come and join us!
As a Front-end Developer, you will build high performance Websites on top of an advanced Omni-channel eCommerce Web application. Binding APIs and Microservices with beautiful UX/UI to give the highest quality CX. Although abstracted away, our core application is PHP, so you will need to be able to understand and write OO PHP.
Joining us, will take you on a journey as we propel your career forward, nurturing your skills, honing instincts, by exposing you to the latest technologies and methodologies. You will also have access to the best premium resources, enabling you to develop amazing solutions, building to next practice standards.
Join a team of passionate Software Developers, all with diverse interests, working in a relaxed and highly productive environment. We are based in top floor Grade A office space with roof terrace, in the heart of Manchester’s city centre, a stone’s throw from all the trains, trams, and buses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Building amazing CX
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders on UI/UX/CX
- Helping clients to determine specifications and requirements for new site builds
- Communicating and presenting designs decisions
- Supporting and mentoring others
- Driving next practice, and producing well commented and syntactically correct code.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 2 years commercial experience
- Experience building eCommerce or high quality CX focused websites
- Package managers; Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Yarn, or Node.js
- OO PHP
- MVC Software Architectural Patterns
- Deployment Automation
- Caching and Session Management
- Version Control systems and Source Code Management and automation; Git, Github, Bash
- React.js, Redux, React.native, Electron.js
- Nginx / Redis
- Experience with scalable AWS / GCP / Azure
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Bulma or other CSS Frameworks
- Passionate about front-end development
- Happy to explain technical issues to non-technical clients or colleagues, when required
- A developer with balanced views; Pragmatic / Craftsmanship
- Interested in becoming a subject matter expert.
Benefits and Rewards
- Excellent salary
- 25 + 8 days of paid annual leave
- A Flexible 37.5 hour week; Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm
- Learning and development
- Well buy your IDE for you
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work
- Employee discount scheme
- No dress code
- Relaxed environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Mastery of Problem domain
- Easy access to Public transport
- Snacks, beer, soft drinks, champagne launches, company lunches, company socials and lots more.
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.