PHP Web Developer – Back End
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. We do this by making our product; beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It just so happens we make E-Commerce software.
We don’t just use PHP to build E-Commerce websites, we use many technologies to help our clients redefine E-Commerce and traditional Retail commerce with; powerful, highly intuitive, and sophisticated business software.
You will be building distributed services, such as; tools & features for high performance eCommerce websites, retail business process tools, EPoS systems, mobile application services, warehouse & inventory systems, payments & security systems, marketing solutions, analytics tools, and lots more.
You will be immersed in highly sophisticated and modern software development practices, surrounded by a team of incredibly talented and experienced developers. You become the best because you will learn from the best.
This is an amazing time to join Venditan. E-Commerce is embarking on a golden age, literally responsible for half of the world’s GDP. And we have ambitious plans, to be an important part of the technology landscape. Join us and together we will change the face of Retail and E-Commerce.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Venditan Commerce development; building new features, extending or maintaining existing features
- Work with MVC OOP PHP, MySQL, basic JS/HTML/CSS
- Help to solve client problems, by investigating them using our centralised logging system (Datadog)
- Integrate third party systems, e.g. couriers, mailgun, mandrill etc
- Involvement in projects that will expand your repertoire and understanding of software development.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 2yrs+ Commercial development experience
- OOP PHP (7.*)
- Software design patterns
- Working with MySQL databases
- Familiarity with Apache or Nginx
- Basics of Linux
- Familiarity PSR coding standards
- Familiarity with any of the open source frameworks (e.g. Zend, Symfony, Laravel)
- Developing API’s or SDK’s
- Elasticsearch (NoSQL search)
- Used Jenkins for CI/CD
- GCP or AWS
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Understanding basic of Docker/Containers
- Curiosity to seek out innovative solutions and practices
- Be one with the team, access the collective; learn, share, achieve
- Offer consultative value to clients and colleagues, not just code
- Be autonomous in management and direction, be pragmatic and effective with workloads.
Benefits and Rewards
- Excellent salary
- 28/33 paid holidays
- Flexible 37.5 hour week
- Career progress and development
- Well buy your IDE for you
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- No dress code
- Relaxed environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Mastery of problem domain
- Easy access to public transport
- Snacks, beer, soft drinks, company lunches, company socials, champagne launches and lots more
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.