PHP Web Developer – Back End
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. We do this by making our product; beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It just so happens we make E-Commerce software.
Want to join us?
We don’t just build E-Commerce websites, we use technology to help our clients redefine Retail by creating powerful software to run their businesses.
You will build back-end services for; E-Commerce Websites, Mobile Applications, Retail Business Process Tools, EPoS systems, Stock/Inventory systems, Checkout Processes, Secure Payment Gateways, Programmatic Marketing Solutions, Insightful Analytics Tools, and lots more.
As a Developer at Venditan we will enhance your technical skills, to; improve your code quality, help you design better solutions, and work with distributed systems that are scalable.
Join a team of passionate PHP developers, all with diverse interests, working in a relaxed and highly productive environment. We are based on the on the top floor of Grade A Office space with roof terrace, in the heart of Manchester’s city centre, a stone’s throw from all the trains, trams, and buses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bespoke PHP development of our Retail & E-Commerce platform
- Creating; elegant, optimised, powerful – B2c and B2b E-Commerce solutions
- Developing tools to enhance the business intelligence capabilities of the Venditan platform
- Developing Microservices
- SDK’s and API’s
- Creating platform integrations with 3rd party services;
- Working with the development team to improve the architecture while building front-end and or scaling back-end services
- Supporting and inspiring other engineers to build the best Retail & E-Commerce platform in the UK
- Ensuring that technical decisions support our performance goals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 2 years Commercial PHP Development experience
- Experience building complex solutions
- OO PHP
- Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP
- Version Control and Source Code Management with; GIT / Github.
- React.js, Redux, React.native, Electron.js, Node.js
- Memcached / Redis
- NoSQL (Elasticsearch, Apache Solr) Database experience
- AWS / GCP
- Docker / Kubernetes / Jenkins (CI/CD)
- Able to work with team members to solve complex problems
- Happy to explain technical issues to non technical Clients or Colleagues, when required
- A developer with balanced views; Pragmatic / Craftsmanship
- Interested in becoming a subject matter expert.
Benefits and Rewards
- Excellent salary
- 25 + 8 Days of Paid Annual Leave
- A Flexible 37.5 hour week; Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm
- Learning and Development
- Well buy your IDE for you
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work
- No Dress Code
- Relaxed Environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Mastery of Problem domain
- Easy access to Public transport
- Snacks, beer, soft drinks, champagne launches, company lunches, company socials
and lots more.
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.