PHP Web Developer – Back End
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. We do this by making our product; beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It just so happens we make E-Commerce software.
We don’t just use PHP to build eCommerce websites, we use many technologies to help our clients redefine eCommerce and traditional Retail commerce with; powerful, highly intuitive, and sophisticated business software.
You will be building distributed services, such as; tools & features for high performance eCommerce websites, retail business process tools, EPoS systems, services that power mobile applications, warehouse & inventory systems, payments & security, marketing solutions, analytics tools, and lots more..
You will be immersed in highly sophisticated and modern software development practices, surrounded by a team of incredibly talented and experienced developers. You become the best because you will learn from the best.
There will never be a better time to join Venditan. eCommerce is embarking on a golden age, literally responsible for half the world’s GDP, and we have ambitious plans to be an important part of the technology landscape. Join us and together we will change the face of Retail and eCommerce.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bespoke PHP development of our Retail & eCommerce platform
- Creating; elegant, optimised, powerful – B2C and B2C eCommerce solutions
- Developing tools to enhance the business intelligence capabilities of the Venditan platform
- Working with microservices
- Building SDK’s and API’s
- Creating platform integrations with 3rd party services
- Working with the team to ensure optimal performance.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 2yrs+ Commercial Employed or freelance
- OOP PHP (7.*)
- Software Design Patterns
- Working with MySQL databases
- Familiar with Apache or Nginx
- Basics of Linux
Great to have…
- Familiar with PSR Coding Standards
- Familiar with any of the open source Frameworks (e.g. Zend, Symfony, Laravel)
- Developing API’s or SDK’s
- Elasticsearch (NoSQL search)
- Used Jenkins for CI/CD
- GCP or AWS
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Understanding basic of Docker / Containers
Behaviours & Values
- A natural curiosity to seek out innovative solutions and practices
- Collaborative, willing to seek and share knowledge
- Consultative approach to problem solving
- Autonomous, able to prioritise task, to meet deadlines
Benefits and Rewards
- Excellent salary
- 28/33 paid holidays
- Flexible 37.5 hour week
- Career progress and development
- IDE budget provided
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- No dress code
- Relaxed environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Mastery of problem domain
- Easy access to public transport
- Snacks, beer, soft drinks, company lunches, company socials, champagne launches and lots more.
Please enter your first & last name along with your current CV.