Fulfilment, Logistics & Stock ManagementFulfilment & Dispatch
Fulfilment, Logistics & Stock Management By Ed Maule Getting customers to your site and selling a product is just half the battle. Fulfilment is just as key. Here's a few thoughts and recommendations from the team at Venditan to round off the week...
Getting customers to your site and selling a product is just half the battle. Fulfilment is just as key.
Here's a few thoughts and recommendations from the team at Venditan to round off the week...
- Fast or free? Delivery options range – make sure you give the customer choice when it comes to cost and speed of service
- Reliable – don’t get logistics wrong. It might not be quite as sexy as the front-end portion of your business – but get it right and you can save yourself a whole load of headaches and make the fulfillment process simpler for everyone
- Invest in technology – stock management systems need to scale up as your business grows. As the volume of orders starts to increase you need to be sure that you are managing stock correctly – from goods in, to invoicing and packaging
- DPD, Royal Mail, TNT, Parcel Force – the list of third party logistics/fulfillment/delivery companies is a long one. Shipping costs are a part of the business you can have a significant amount of control over. Do the research, understand your delivery offering and use the right services to ensure your margin isn’t squeezed
- Amazon offer a fast, reliable and competitive fulfillment option. Send your stock to them and they’ll store it, sell it, pack it and ship it. Job done. Fulfilled by Amazon is a great opportunity if you’re looking to improve the service your customers receive while increasing revenue through a new stream
- Yesterday. The most popular day of delivery - most customers would like their latest online purchase to be delivered to them as soon as feasibly possible. And they are willing to pay for it. Look for the fringe delivery services - for example, London Same Day delivery - not everyone will use it, but try and offer something that makes you stand out when it comes to fulfilling customer orders
10th June 2016
10th June 2016
5 Tips On How To Make The Dispatch Process More Efficient Fulfilment & Dispatch23rd December 2016