Venditan, The E-Commerce & Retail Experts
We're Recruiting, PHP Specialists, Enquire Here

Social Media Tips And Hints

Social Media

Ed Maule

3rd June 2016

Social Media Tips And Hints Social media is a key marketing channel for many retailers across a wide range of sectors. Here are a few hints, tips and thoughts from the team at Venditan...
Social media is a key marketing channel for many retailers across a wide range of sectors. Here are a few hints, tips and thoughts from the team at Venditan...

Free – don’t assume you’ll set the world alight on social media without paying for it. Yes, there are plenty of free tools and channels to take advantage of – but whether it’s a sponsored post, or spending more on resource to create and manage content – social marketing is not cheap (if you want to do it right)

Remove sales messages (where appropriate) – remember, people use social media to connect, interact and build relationships. Don’t constantly sell. Roughly speaking, we’d say up to 30% of your content schedule could be sales focused - with the other 70% focusing on engagement, relationship building and brand ‘story-telling’

Identify the opportunities – don’t try and be all things to all people. Know your audience, know your own brand position and meet them in the middle.

Delve into the details. Social media is a data driven marketing channel – make decisions based on what’s working and the results you see via analytics. Strategic decisions should always be dependent on what your objectives are of course.

Allow your social community to drive your strategy. Listen to your customers and social media engagers – they often have a better insight into your business than you do! Shape and refine your content plans according to what’s working and what’s not - and make sure you respond to customer queries and complaints in a timely, polite and helpful manner.

New TechnologY – there’s always something new out there. Whilst we’re all for pushing the boundaries and using the latest gadgets, make sure you don’t spread yourself too thinly. Use the platforms you’re confident with, and, importantly, the social channels that your customers are using! There’s no point creating a fantastic strategy for the latest social platform, only to find none of your customers or target customers actually use it…

Want to discuss your social media marketing strategy? Give us a shout!


Ed Maule
Ed Maule 3rd June 2016